Monday, December 19, 2011

Thankful

I love this time of year for a lot of reasons. I love all of the time we get to spend with family. I love Christmas shopping and wrapping presents. I love the twinkling lights on the Christmas tree. But the thing I love the most is how I am reminded almost constantly of how blessed I have been.

Saturday, I took pictures at a wedding for one of Sara's friends. I got to the temple pretty early so that I would have time to walk around and get a few pictures of the temple while they were inside. As I was walking around, it was really quiet and I just had time to think (something that hasn't happened in quite a while).

I realized how thankful I am that I went to the temple to be married to Craig. I am to be sealed to my family for eternity. I am so thankful that my marriage and my relationship with my kids won't end at death. I am thankful, not only that my religion focuses so much on families, but that it gives me a purpose in life. My relationships with Craig, Brylee, and Cole are so important to me. I am constantly worried that something is going to happen to one of them, because sometimes things seem too good to be true. Knowing that we were sealed in the temple brings me so much peace. I know that if something were to happen to one of them, I will be able to be with them again.

This time of year also makes me grateful to my Savior, who made all of this possible. I know that because of him and through the atonement, if I work hard to keep Heavenly Father's commandments everyday, that I will not only be blessed in this life, but for eternity.

No comments:

Post a Comment