Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Playing Catch Up

It has been a really crazy and busy but exciting couple of weeks. We finally went in for the ultrasound on April 23rd. Craig took the afternoon off of work and we were able to go in together. They made me drink 16 oz of water an hour before I went in to the appointment. (Now this doesn't sound like a lot of water, but trust me, when you are pregnant and you have this much liquid in your bladder, you feel like it is going to explode at any given moment.)

We finally got called back into the ultrasound room and I had to lay on this table with a big TV hanging from the ceiling so we could see it really well. Craig got to sit in a chair right next to me. Once the ultrasound started we were able to see the baby's heart and the four chambers, the heart, the arms, the legs, and the feet. They measured the brain and made sure that everything was developing correctly. We were relieved to find out that the baby had two arms, two legs, and only one head. (We seriously have to stop watching the crazy shows about the siamese twins and the mermaid girl on TLC.) Last but not least, we found out that we are having a little girl! At first, Craig and I looked at eachother and didn't really know what to think. As we left the office and started talking about it, we are really excited. It really is a crazy feeling to think that we are going to be parents. Even after hearing the heartbeat, feeling her kick all of the time, and having a growing belly, I don't think it really hit us that we are going to have a baby until we saw her! It was amazing. I'll post some of the ultrasound pictures on here later. We were also excited to find out that Craig's sister, Kaylee, who is having a baby and due a week after me, is also having a little girl. I loved growing up with all of my cousins who were the same age as me so I was really excited to hear that. Our little girl will have a cousin/friend to play with in our family!

Another thing that we have been doing the last two weekends is going to St. George to help get Craig's Grandparent's house ready to sell so they can move up to Salt Lake to be closer to the rest of the family. Even though we were painting, peeling wall paper, loading boxes, and hanging blinds and curtains, it was a lot of fun to be able to spend time with Craig's family and meet some of his family members who I haven't met or met only at our wedding. His family is hilarious and the more I hang out with them, the more I like them.

We have also been working hard and studying for school because we have had finals the last couple of weeks and it has been crazy. I don't know all of the grades for my classes yet, but Craig made a B+ on his final and an "A" in his class for the semester. He worked REALLY hard and studied like crazy and it paid off. I tried helping him study a little bit and I have NO idea how he understands all of that stuff. It's like german to me! We are so excited that he only has two semesters left of school and I only have two semesters left before I can apply for nursing programs. It finally feels like there is an end in sight.

Somehow, in between school, work, and going to St. George on the weekends, Craig has managed to work out pretty much everyday for at least an hour. He has been doing so good. I, on the other hand, have been making heavenly oatmeal bars, chocolate chip cookies, and I have a pan of brownies cooling off as we speak. I did really well for the first four months of the pregnancy. We walked 2-5 miles every night. Then it got cold!!!! I haven't been very motivated because no matter what I do I gain weight! So today I decided I would be motivated and start walking everyday again. Since it is so nice outside, I took the dog and walked 2.5 miles. I am going to start walking everyday. I have no excuse not too. After going on a walk, eating brownies with peanut butter chips in them doesn't seem so unhealthy. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment