Thursday, July 21, 2011

Busy July!

(Warning: it has been awhile. This may be long.)


It has been about a month since my last post. That isn't because I haven't thought about it or that I have just been lazy! Things have been so crazy lately. With Craig working late tonight and Brylee in bed early, I thought I would sit down and catch up on things while I have a second.

Here is a quick update on what has been going on.

- We finally have a house!!!! Woo hoo! Well, almost. We put in offers on several short sales and one of the banks (finally) came back and counter-offered, which we accepted! We have been crazy busy doing paper work, picking out paint and carpet, planning landscaping, and getting everything ready. We are hoping to close by the end of this month. That is only ten days away, but by the time we get the house cleaned, painted and carpeted, we should be in there about 2-3 weeks before the baby comes!!! Thank goodness we will have a place to bring our little guy home to. I just hope he stays in there until his due date so that I can get his room ready and get everything situated before then.

The house is going to be awesome. It has a fully finished basement, a fenced in yard for Brylee, and 4 parks within walking distance!!!!! Not to mention all of the bike trails. It will be a perfect place for our family to grow.

-The baby boy will be here in about a month and a half! Crazy!!!! I can't believe how fast this pregnancy has flown by! I hope we can get everything done before he arrives! I can't wait for him to get old enough to play with Brylee. She has Badger to play with for now, but she needs a real friend. I was watching her at the park a couple of days ago. She pushed Badger down the slide and said "weeee!!!!" and then she would take a turn going. It tugged at my heart strings and made me glad we chose to have another baby instead of waiting. Even though things are going to be tricky, juggling school and 2 kids, I am excited to bring this baby boy home and have a new addition to our family. Brylee needs a brother!

Well...This is getting to be VERY long, so I will share some pictures that I have taken over the last month and try to fill in the blanks.

An example of Brylee playing with Badger. She loves that thing!!!


I can't help but take pictures of this little girl. She is amazing!


Here is Brylee in her "Fourth of July Dress". She looked cute, but if only her attitude would have matched! We had a cookout at Granny and Grandpa's house (which she pretty much slept through.)She did enjoy watching the guys on the slip and slide. Then we went to Grandma and Grandpa Johnson's house and made ribs and watched fireworks. She was not interested in them AT ALL! I don't think the 4th is her favorite holiday. It was fun to see everyone though!


Man, oh man, oh man....this was funny! Craig and Tanner did some serious plotting and actually soaked Fred with water from the creek! I wish I could put all of the pictures up! Hilarious!

My awesome and amazing husband let me buy a new lens for my camera!!!! I haven't played with it much yet...but I love it already. This was one of my first practice shots with it! I can't wait to play with it more!

This one just makes me smile. She had just sprayed herself with freezing cold water in her swimming pool. :)





Things are good. I will be better from now on about keeping up with things. Hopefully things won't get too crazy. I will post some pictures of our house and keep everyone updated as things progress in our lives!

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! The pictures are so cute! And don't worry, Jaye will have plenty of friends to hang out with soon! I love that girl!

    ReplyDelete